Basic marketing strategies to promote your small business on Youtube:
1. While sharing a video on Youtube provide a detailed & accurate title & description to your videos & associated keywords that are relevant.
2. Use a call to action within your videos to encourage people to like, rate, comment on and share your videos.
3. Start promoting your videos by sharing it on your social media profiles & with friends & ask them to watch your videos & share further.
4. Incorporate your videos into your own company’s website and blog.
5. Share links to your videos with your existing customers or clients via opt-in email.
6. Use public relations techniques, such as using press releases to contact bloggers, editors, reporters and producers in order to generate free media coverage for your videos in mainstream media, as well as in blogs that cater to your target audience.
7. Get your videos (and your YouTube Channel page) listed with the major search engines, including Google, Yahoo! and Bing, and then focus on SEO strategies to get the best possible listing placements.
8. Try to collaborate on videos with other companies that are already utilizing YouTube effectively and that are targeting the same audience, but that are not in direct competition with you. This will allow you to capture the attention of your collaborator’s viewers and subscribers.
9. Consider paying for keyword advertising on Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Facebook. Google AdWords for Video is also a very cost-effective and powerful tool for promoting YouTube videos.
10. If you have the budget, hire a YouTube video marketing company to help you plan and implement an online promotional campaign for your videos.